Child Development and Teacher Education home
Thank you for your interest in the Child Development and Teacher Education Department at Santa Rosa Junior College. Our multifaceted program serves the college and the community in a variety of ways. Students who take our course of study will be well prepared to begin their career in an exciting and rapidly changing field. At the same time, children who attend our infant/toddler and preschool programs will be given the best care and education possible. Their families will be actively supported as they pursue their educational and professional goals at SRJC. We encourage you to take the time to learn about the various programs we offer.
- To prepare a diverse population of students to educate and care for young children, to support families, and to contribute to the early childhood community.
- To provide a high quality early childhood development program to support the needs of children and families, the ongoing development of staff, and the education of students.
Santa Rosa Junior College Child Development and Teacher Education department includes five major components:
- An occupational program that prepares students through coursework and practical experience to work with young children and their families in a variety of roles and settings, and provides coursework to meet certificate, state permit, and Child Development and Early Childhood Education for Transfer Major requirements.
- A degree-applicable program that provides coursework for students pursuing a variety of educational pathways, including certificates, AA, AS, and BA degrees, and career advancement.
- A child development program for SRJC student families that also provides a model demonstration site for students studying Child Development and Teacher Education, and those involved in a guided practicum experience.